Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Hurricane Katrina whipped through New Orleans last night and today, putting my friends in danger. Brigitte, Matty, Willow, Autumn, and 11 week old baby (inside Brigitte..not yet born) had to leave their home last night. Shaun and I prayed for them, as did my family and friends in Wauseon. Last night the news said that the hurricane would claim 50,000 lives in New Orleans and would completely devour NO. They said that the French Quarter would be gone forever, which is where my friends live.

All of our praying must have been good for something because somehow the French Quarter was barely hit. There is no flooding, minimal debris, and most of the windows are still intact. FOX news did a really good job keeping me informed because there was a news anchor stationed on the corner of Bourbon and Beinville (spelling?) in the French Quarter, although I am not sure how close it is to where Brigitte lives.

Our prayers are still with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home