Monday, August 08, 2005

My last name is Bricker

I got married today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was just gonna be "sign here and here" since we got married at the courthouse, but it was actually cool. Yeah, we had to go in and sign papers...raise our right hand and swear to tell the truth (do you swear you are not first cousins or closer related....lol!). Then we had to go down to where the ministers where. Granted, neither of us are Christian but when the minister said "god" I just thought of the god and goddess I believe in. Anyway, we got married outside (which was so awesome). I was kinda shy at first because there were a bunch of people watching us and I got all teary eyed when I said "I do." But yeah, Shaun and I got married outside next to this beautiful tree and you could tell the tree was excited. After he married us, the minister started talking to me about faeries which took me by surprise (I was wearing a faerie shirt and he just started quizzing me...).

So...now i must tell you the embarASSment of the day...

When you go into the courthouse, you have to go through a medal detector and put your purse through the converyor thing...like at airports. I ran my purse through and the guy points to this long metal object in my purse and is like "What is this?" pointing to the screen. I said.."I dunno maybe it is my wallet (cause i had change in there)." So we run in through again without my wallet and it is still there. So, I am searching through my purse (my purse holds a ton of shit) saying " I swear its not a knife." Finally, I find that it is indeed a knife, a box cutter to be exact, that I had stolen from work or something by accident and totally forgot about. I am like dying of embarassment and the guy give me a receipt for it and says I can have it back when I leave. *rolls eyes* I felt so stupid!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dakini said...

Congatulations :)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home