Tuesday, March 14, 2006

C-Section?

So, I had my 36 week appointment with my doctor. I was truely hoping he'd tell me David's head had engaged and maybe even tell me I was dialated a little bit. Well, I had my internal exam and he lifted me up and Shaun asked about his head being engaged. The doctor said no. He said it isn't engaged because it can't get engaged. Shaun and I were very confused. The doctor said David was about 8 pounds and he was too big to come through my pelvis. Holy crap! He said there was only a miracle of a chance that his head would line up with my pelvis in just the right way. He said that shorter women are at a higher risk for a C-section, which I knew. However, I thought that since my mom had me naturally, I'd be okay. Then I remembered my dad, he is a very short dude, so that explains it. 8 pounds already holy shit. If he hasn't dropped by next week, C-section will be the definate choice, my doctor said. I am not too upset. I mean, I would have liked to give birth naturally, but no matter what I will love David the same and he will love me the same. I will still breastfeed and I will still bond with him the same as a woman who gave birth naturally. I mean, I only care about his health. If his head is too big to fit through me, I am not going to hurt him trying!

So, I can't wait until next week to see what happens. Oh, the reason that my doctor told me two weeks ago that David would be here by now is because my cervix was thinning. However, he said I most likely wouldn't dialate without David dropping because this is my first baby (where as with second and subsequent pregnancies the baby doesn't drop until labor has begun) so perhaps I won't have David until the 10th of April after all, unless the doctor schedules me earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home